March – April 2020
CPABC Vancouver Chapter Outreach Committee and Gordon Neighbourhood House invites you to participate in the inaugural Volunteer Tax Clinic event from March through to April 2020. The program’s success depends on volunteers, like you, who generously give your time and expertise to assist low income individuals in the community with their tax returns.
In 2019, approximately 300 CPAs volunteered and completed 12,800 returns! Your efforts make a real difference in our community. Gordon Neighbourhood House has been running the volunteer tax clinic program for many years and has served as a community hub in Vancouver’s West End since 1942.
The shifts will run on Saturday’s from 10 am to 2 pm and volunteers are encouraged to sign up for two or more shifts. Please note that volunteers will need to bring their own laptops but internet service will be provided.
Once registered with the chapter (below link in box) , please follow the steps below to get yourself registered into the CVITP Program:
1. Go to canada.ca/taxes-volunteer to register as a CVITP volunteer. (When registering, please select your current affiliation with a community organization as CPABC Vancouver Chapter. This will help us to track volunteer hours.
2. Next, you will get a confirmation email to go to canada.ca/EFILE to complete your CVITP EFILE registration (May take up to 30 days)
3. Apply for an exemption from licensing at CPABC home page – forms will be provided at the CPABC info session.
4. More details will be provided in the confirmation email when the registration is completed.
5. Register for the training session on January 23rd, 2020 from 5 pm-7 pm. Click here.
|Date:||March 7th – April 25th, 2020 (Saturdays)|
|Where:||Location Gordon Neighbourhood House, 1019 Broughton St, Vancouver BC|
|Time:||9:30 AM – 10:00 AM | Event: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|To Register:||Click here|