We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
- This event has passed.
Chapter PD: Project Management
April 29, 2017 @ 7:45 am - 12:30 pm$70
This seminar introduces the project management lifecycle, fundamental principles, and touches on the soft skills that contributes to success and guides you to a practical, flexible, and minimalistic approach to project management. This session will be beneficial to those who is interested in project management or is currently managing projects for their organization.
This seminar will enable participants to:
• understand the purpose and value proposition of project management
• organize a project on the basis of the “Project Life Cycle” define roles, responsibilities and authority
• identify stakeholders, business requirements, constraints, and assumptions in a project charter
• address scope, budget, resources, timeline, milestones, and deliverables in a project plan
• consider a detailed project management plan and other control methodologies
• recognize the purpose and opportunities for leading, mentoring, training and motivating
|Date:||Saturday, April 29, 2017|
|Location:||PoCo Inn and Suites, 1545 Lougheed Highway, Port Coquitlam, BC|
|Time:||Breakfast: 7:45 am – 8:30 am | Seminar: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Cost:||$70 + GST|
|CPD | Level:||4 hour | Introductory|
Marc Kampschuur CPA, CA is a Lawyer (BC Bar) and Certified Fraud Examiner. He is a faculty member at Kwantlen Polytechnic University School of Business, an elected member of the Board of Governors and obtained the Chartered Director designation in 2016. Previously, Marc served on Senate, chaired the Senate Standing Committee on University Budget, and was on the Standing Committee on Academic Planning and Priorities.
He was also engaged in rights disputes as a member of the Kwantlen Faculty Association’s Labour Management Relations Committee. Marc facilitates for CPABC, CPAWSB, and worked with all three legacy organizations in their accreditation and continuing professional education programs. Formerly Marc worked as an external, internal, and forensic auditor with KPMG and as an internal auditor with Crystal Decisions and the Vancouver Port Authority.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 70 REGISTRANTS – so register early!