Khin Tan, CPA, CGA
As chapter chair, I’m very excited to introduce you to the Surrey/Langley/North Delta Chapter officers for the coming year.
This chapter belongs to all CPABC members, students and candidates in our region and we welcome your involvement. If you have an idea for an event or are interested in volunteering, please contact any of us. You can email: SurreyLDChapter@bccpa.ca.
Check out our blog for upcoming events which include:
- November – Provincial Member Engagement Tour reception in Surrey is being planned. Venue to be announced. Come out and listen to an update on national and provincial issues impacting the CPA profession presented by Richard Rees, CPA, FCA, CEO of CPABC and one of our provincial board chairs.
The 15 CPABC chapters provide a local presence for the profession while connecting and engaging with members, students and candidates throughout the province. Like their predecessor CMABC and CGA-BC chapters and ICABC associations, the CPABC chapters will undertake a broad range of activities in their local communities.
The chapters will play a key role in building pride in our unifying profession and developing a strong professional culture. The mandate of the CPABC chapters include:
- serving as an important link with the professional body
- professional and personal development
- local community involvement
- mentorship and recruitment
To keep up to date on these and other chapter events, we invite you to check our blog regularly.
To ensure you don’t miss an announcement from your chapter, and to help limit the number of emails we send out, please sign up for the RSS feed. To do this, simply click on the blue square at the bottom of the blog, then click on the “subscribe to this feed” link. After that, you will be automatically notified of any new posts we make to the blog. While you are signing up for the RSS feed, let me encourage you to follow the chapter via Facebook and Twitter. Our chapters are social – in person and online.
Speaking of meeting in-person, I look forward to seeing you at a future event.
Khin Tan, CPA, CGA