We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
- This event has passed.
Chapter PD:”Why isn’t anyone listening to me?”
January 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75
Have you ever been totally frustrated because you give instructions only to have the person/people to do the opposite? It can drive you crazy! And every time this happens it doubles or triples your workload because you have to keep circling back.
This engaging, interactive workshop will delve into a universal leadership issue, how to communicate effectively both one-on-one and in meetings to make your day run more smoothly. Since communication and workload are so closely linked we will also look at tips to manage your workload.
Through a series of thought-provoking exercises, participants will be guided through the process of identifying the keys to successful communication and how you can improve your odds of getting it right the first time. You will be provided with strategies and techniques to create better engagement with others and tips to better manage your workload. Have people listen to you the first time around and make your day easier!
BENEFITS FROM ATTENDING THIS WORKSHOP:
- Coping mechanisms during times of stress
- Communications strategies for staff
- Dealing with staff and approaching interpersonal issues
- Step outside of your comfort zone – being uncomfortable can be a good thing
- Having a framework within which to deal with difficult issues
|Date:||Saturday, January 20, 2018|
|Where:||Coast Langley City Hotel & Convention Centre, 20393 Fraser Highway, Langley BC|
|Time:||8:00am – 9:00am : Registration and breakfast | 9am – 12pm noon Seminar | 10:20am – 10:35am : Coffee break|
|Cost:||$75 plus GST|
|CPD | Level:||3 Hours| General|
|To Register:||Click here|
Katherine Craig is the principal of Spearhead Executive Coaching, a dynamic organization dedicated to helping individuals and companies achieve greater success through the delivery of high-performance coaching programs. Katherine guides businesses through on-boarding, succession planning, individual and group performance enhancement and strategy development efficiently and effectively.
To learn more about Katherine click here: www.SpearheadExecutiveCoaching.com
· “I was really skeptical at first with how an executive coach could help me. Being a very passionate, self-motivated person, I didn’t understand what Spearhead could do to help advance my career past my own abilities. Spearhead Executive Coaching has given me a new light on what true leadership is and has provided me with an arsenal of tools to help me thrive in a competitive market, and for that I am eternally grateful!”
· “I’ve learned to handle difficult interactions with staff and stakeholders in a much more positive and diplomatic way, which has enabled better relations and more positive work environment…”
· “I really enjoyed the learnings and think it helped me to secure a more senior position within the organization.”