We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
Public Practitioner Networking Event
October 25 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$10
CPABC Richmond/South Delta Chapter invites designated members who own and operate a public practice firm (sole practitioner or small firm) to attend the chapter’s Public Practitioner Networking Evening Event on Thursday, October 25, 2018. To attend, you must hold a public practice license and operate your public practice firm.
Sole practitioners or those running a small public practice firm face many challenges including competitive pricing, keeping up with technical updates and marketing their professional services. Among these challenges are unique regional demographics and client needs resulting in practitioners needing knowledge of specific type of tax filings, understanding of tax treaty and foreign tax laws, and real estate industry, just to name a few of the challenges. This networking session can help you address these challenges with the support of other like-minded professionals. Participants are expected to contribute to discussion and be prepared to share their ideas and comments.
- Introduction: Each participant to introduce themselves and their area of practice or specialization
- Discussion: Overview of Private Corporation TOSI Rules (Resources: INFOCUS magazine, Sep/Oct 2018, page 32-33)
- Discussion: Private Corporations – Passive income and SBD grind
- Discussion: With Canada’s Competitive Tax Advantage Turned on Its Head, How Will We Respond? (Resources: INFOCUS magazine, May/Jun 2018, page 38-40)
- Discussion: New standard for Compilation Engagements
- Discussion: BC Society Act update
- Closing remarks and future topic suggestions
|Date:||Thursday, October 25, 2018|
|Where:||Mylora Executive Golf Course, 9911 Sidaway Road, Richmond, BC|
|Time:||6:30 pm – 7:00 pm Registration & Refreshments | 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Event|
|Cost:||$10 + GST (Event & Refreshments)|
|To Register:||Click here|