We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
- This event has passed.
Chapter PD: Conflict Resolution & Negotiation Skills
October 20 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Achieving success in this increasingly interdependent workplace of the 21st century requires a new set of core competencies and the ability to effectively communicate, resolve conflict and negotiate are at the top of the list. In this seminar you will learn a proven, practical step-by-step approach to win-win negotiations and how to protect yourself from difficult people.
We all know that it is the give and take of resolving conflict that allows problems to be solved, decisions to be made and needs to be satisfied in both our professional and personal lives. Come learn a proven method that is not designed to win over your opponent but rather to win your opponent over.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who deals with people. Given the fact that disagreement is essential and inevitable in every relationship this workshop has high degrees of relevance for people in all roles.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- The difference between conflict and disagreement
- How to disagree without being disagreeable – The vital difference between aggressiveness and assertiveness
- Winning people over to your way of thinking, how to gain influence with people
- How to communicate persuasively so people will listen, believe, understand and remember what you say
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them
- The key principles of developing and sustaining productive relationships
- Understanding the different sources of negotiating power
- How to create an open communication flow that allows you to deeply understand the other party
- How to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your crucial conversations
- How to defend yourself against “hardball’ negotiation strategies and techniques
- A seven-step collaborative problem-solving process of that resolves conflict in the most effective manner
|Date:||Saturday, October 20, 2018|
|Where:||Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, 7311 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC|
|Time:||Registration & Breakfast: 8:00 am – 9:00 am | Session: 8:30 am – 9:30 am|
|Cost:||$80 + GST (Regular) | $75 + GST (Early bird discount – until September 30th, 2018)|
|CPD |Level:||3.5 Hours | General|
|To Register:||Click here|
SPEAKER’S BIO: GREG CAMPEAU
Since founding Campeau Learning in 1991, Greg has delivered over 2500 presentations and workshops throughout North America establishing a client list that that includes organizations such as Lafarge, Telus, Finning, TD and Royal Banks, London Drugs, Canadian and U.S. Federal Governments, BC Hydro, KPMG, Provincial Governments of Alberta and B.C., and the NHL Coaches Association. Concurrently Greg instructs courses at BCIT (British Columbia Institute of Technology), the School of Business, in both Human Resource and Marketing faculties.
Previous to becoming a professional facilitator / speaker, Greg obtained an Honors Bachelor of Commerce Degree. Greg then went on to spend over 15 years in international packaged goods corporations (Nestle, Nabisco and Cadbury’s) achieving increasingly senior management positions while creating an outstanding track record of consistent success. Twice Greg led corporate divisions from worst to first in terms of overall performance (revenue growth, market share and profit).
Greg Campeau is a learner and teacher of timeless truths that that enhance both personal and organizational success and stability in the “white water world” of the 21st Century.