March 4 – May 3, 2019
We need you – People Help People
Help Others by Volunteering to Prepare Low-Income Tax Returns
CPABC Richmond/South Delta (RSD) Chapter will be partnering with Richmond Multicultural Community Services (RMCS) to prepare income tax returns for seniors, new immigrants, and low income individuals and families.
Through Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) more than 17,500 volunteers helped over 703,000 people file their income tax and benefit returns Please join us to increase the number of Canadians who benefits from CVITP.
RMCS has a tax preparation clinic running from early March to early May from Monday to Saturday. CPABC RSD Chapter volunteers are given the opportunity to participate on Saturdays (10:00 am to 4:00 pm) and Wednesday evenings (5:30 pm – 8:00 pm). Each shift is for 2-3 hours only. Volunteers are encouraged to take up as many shifts as they can but a minimum of 5 shifts per volunteer.
For example, a Saturday shift will be from 10:00 am-1:00 pm or 1:00 pm-4:00 pm. Please indicate your preferred time when you register.
Volunteers will take a 2-hour orientation and a hands-on training (time and dates to be confirmed).
After completing the registration form with the Chapter, Volunteers are to:
- Register at CVITP as a volunteer
- Apply for an EFILE number ASAP (it may take up to 30 days)
- Apply for an exemption from licensing at CPABC home page
- Get a Criminal Record Check upon shift confirmation by RMCS. It would be free for all Richmond residents from RCMP office on No. 5 and Cambie with a letter from RMCS.
- More details will be provided in the Confirmation email when the registration is completed.
Thank you again for volunteering with CPABC RSD Chapter and we look forward to seeing you at the RMCS tax clinics.
|Date:||March 04 to May 03, 2019|
|Volunteer Shifts:||Saturdays – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm | Wednesdays – 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm|
|Location:||Richmond Multicultural Community Services, 210-7000 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC|