We Need You – People Helping People
CPABC Richmond/South Delta (RSD) Chapter will be partnering with Richmond Multicultural Community Services (RMCS) to prepare income tax returns for low income individuals and families.
Through the CRA Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) more than 18,000 volunteers helped over half a million Canadians file their income tax and benefit returns (as per CVITP Volunteer Handbook). Please join us to increase the number of Canadians who benefits from CVITP.
RMCS has a tax preparation clinic running from March 1 to May 4 from Monday to Saturday. CPABC RSD Chapter will be participating Saturdays (10:00 am to 4:00 pm) or Wednesday evenings (5:30 – 8:00 pm). Each shift is for 2-3 hours only. Volunteers are encouraged to take up as many shifts as they can but no less than 3 shifts per volunteer.
For example, a Saturday shift will be from 10:00 am-1:00 pm or 1:00-4:00 pm. Please indicate your preferred time when you register.
Volunteers have to take a 2-hour orientation and hands-on training either on Feb 17 (Saturday morning (10:30-12:30) or Feb 26 (Monday evening 6:00-8:00).
After completing the registration form with RSD Chapter, Volunteers need to:
- Register at CVITP as a volunteer
- Apply for an EFILE number ASAP (it may take up to 30 days)
- For those not already licensed for public practice, you will need to apply for an exemption from licensing using CPABC’s Online Services which can be found at CPABC’s home page. With this exemption, you will also be covered under the CPABC blanket professional liability insurance program.
- Get a Criminal Record Check upon confirmation of shifts by RMCS (free for all Richmond residents from RCMP office on No. 5 and Cambie)
More details will be provided in the Confirmation email when the registration is completed. Click here to register and select your available dates.
Community Service: Tax Clinic Volunteers
Event Date: March 03 to May 02, 2018
Time: Volunteer Shifts
- Saturdays – 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m or 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Wednesdays – 5:30 p.m to 8:00 p.m
Richmond Multicultural Community Services (RMCS)
7000 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC V6Y 3Z5
Thank you again for volunteering and we look forward to seeing you at the tax clinic.