April 13, 2019
This presentation will address the rise and changing landscape of cryptocurrency and ICOs. Starting with an introduction to cryptocurrency, ICOs, regulatory issues, risks and challenges. Attendees will then be introduced to a case study of ICO fraud and cryptocurrency tracing. Finally, this presentation will discuss opportunities for CPAs with regards to cryptocurrency and the foreseeable future of this technology.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This presentation would be beneficial to any Chartered Professional Accountant and Business Professionals as well as Accounting Students, Certified Fraud Examiners and Certified Internal Auditors.
1) Background and history of cryptocurrency.
2) Identify the current and emerging trends in cryptocurrency.
2) Understanding initial coin offerings (ICOs) including risks and the regulatory landscape.
3) Case study of ICO crime and tracing methods for investigations.
4) The role of CPAs with cryptocurrency and ICOs.
5) The future of cryptocurrency and information and communication technology (ICT).
6) Hand-outs (soft copies) and resource information will be provided to attendees.
|Date:||Saturday April 13, 2019|
|Where:||Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, 7311 Westminster Hwy., Richmond BC|
|Time:||Registration & Breakfast: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM | Session: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|CPD:||3 hours | Level: General|
|Cost:||$80 + GST (early bird) | $85 + GST Regular (early bird discount – until March 31, 2019)|
*Complimentary Parking provided by the hotel
(we will be sending out a parking pass prior to the event).
SPEAKER’S BIO: Steve Wilson, MBA, B-Tech, CFE, CFCI
Steve Wilson currently works in the cyber/digital forensics consulting industry with over 12 years of experience in providing digital forensic, cycle security, economic crime and risk mitigation strategic solutions to his clients.
Combined with a number of professional and academic certifications, Steve Wilson epitomizes the industry’s best practices within the field of forensic technology. Some of his past clients come from a variety of industries including financial services, law enforcement, oil and gas, retail, legal services, government, transportation and education.