The BC Ministry of Agriculture – AgriStability Program invites you to attend free web-based seminar on January 17th, 2018 from 10:00am to 12:00pm (eligible for two hours of verifiable CPD).
On December 19, 2017, the BC Minister of Agriculture, Hon. Lana Popham announced The BC AgriStability Enhancement Program. The enhancement program was developed because of the unusual losses experienced by agricultural producers in 2017. Broader coverage was required in order to protect the 40-50% of B.C. farmers and ranchers not enrolled in the regular AgriStability program. Under the AgriStability Enhancement Program, B.C. farmers and ranchers can enrol in the regular program late and without penalty.
The B.C. AgriStability Enhancement Program:
- allows for late participation without penalty;
- eliminates reference margin limits, thereby increasing support; and
- increases the compensation paid from 70% to 80%, when margins fell below the 30% payment threshold.
This free session will:
- provide details of how the program works;
- explain the benefits of the Program for BC agricultural producers;
- explain what is required to participate in the Program; and
- discuss how to prepare and file the Harmonized AgriStability Statement of Farming Activities.
Note that in order for this web conference to qualify for two hours of verifiable CPD for CPABC members, you will need to use your unique link and participate in the online polls during the web conference.
Who Should Attend:
Accountants and finance professionals who want to become more familiar with income stabilization programs available to BC Agricultural Producers.