September 21, 2018
Please join us for back to back events on Friday, September 21st at Little Bear Golf Course. Attendees may choose to attend one or all events.
- CPABC PD: CPA Program Overview (1 CPD) – *This seminar is for members only
- Chapter PD: Community Futures (1 CPD)
|Date:||Friday, September 21, 2018|
|Where:||Little Bear Golf Course, 872 Waterloo Road, Castlegar, BC|
|Time:||CPA Program Overview: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ( sandwiches provided) | Chapter PD: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM | Networking: 2:00 PM | Golf: 2:30 PM|
|To register:||Click Here|
CPA Program Overview (1 CPD) – 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
As a CPA, you may find yourself fielding questions from colleagues, friends, and acquaintances about what it takes to earn our CPA designation, and they will probably expect you to have all the answers. But, if you graduated out of a legacy program (and maybe more than a few years ago), you probably don’t have talking points about the new CPA program readily at your disposal. While you could no doubt finesse your way through some basic questions, this session provides one with enough training to be able to speak about the CPA program with confidence.
Who should attend: Any CPA who completed one of our legacy education programs
- Value of the CPA designation
- Prerequisite requirements
- The 3 E’s of the Professional Education Program (PEP): Education, Exam, and Experience
- Practical experience reporting routes (Experience Verification Route and Pre-Approved Program Route)
- Mentorship requirements
- Public accounting licensing requirements
Chapter PD: Community Futures (1 CPD) – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
This is an overview of programs available for local entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Speaker: Andrea Wilkey, Executive Director at Community Futures Central Kootenay
Networking 2:00 PM
Come mix and mingle with fellow CPA Members, Students and Candidates on the patio. Please note that this is a no-host bar.
Golf 2:30 PM
$21 + GST for 9 holes or $30+ gst for 18 holes. Payable to the golf course.