Chapter Supports Local Students
The CPABC Kamloops/Cariboo Chapter, and five other CPABC chapters, have funded over $26,175 in new student scholarships and bursaries through the CPA Education Foundation. These chapters include: Kamloops/Cariboo, Okanagan, Surrey/Langley/NDelta, Tri-Cities, Vancouver and Victoria/Southern Vancouver Island.
As a result of the generosity of members from these chapters, new awards have been created at the following post-secondary institutions:
- BCIT – three additional $500 awards to continue through to 2022/23;
- Camosun College – $4,300 towards the CPA Endowment Fund to support student future awards;
- KPU – increase existing award to $2,000 per year;
- Langara College – $1,000 to continue the award through to 2019/20 and $500 in 2020/21;
- Okanagan College – two $950 scholarships in the 2017/18 academic year;
- SFU – increase existing award to $2,000 per year;
- Thompson Rivers University – $1,500 for a bursary and $1,500 for a scholarship in the 2017/18 academic year.
- UBC|Okanagan – two $1,250 scholarships in the 2017/18 academic year;
- CPAEF Bursary Fund – $4,425 towards bursaries for students taking preparatory courses or the professional education program.
Thank you to the members of the CPABC chapters for your generous and continuing support.