We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
- This event has passed.
Chapter PD: WCB Assessment for Accountants
March 2, 2019 @ 8:15 am - 11:30 am$55
This seminar is designed to review an employer’s Assessment (insurance) responsibilities under the Workers Compensation Act.
Who Should Attend
Accountants who offer business advice to their clients, and who calculate, report, or remit WorkSafeBC premiums on behalf of their client/employer.
In this session, you will learn:
- brief overview of WorkSafeBC
- the different status determinations of persons under Part 1 of the Workers Compensation Act: who is eligible to take out WorkSafeBC insurance/registration and coverage
- industry classification system and why experience rating matters
- what is considered assessable payroll and policy treatment of subcontractors, dividends, management fees, income splitting, family trusts and shareholder loans
- what to expect during an assessment audit
- clearance system
- reviews and appeals
- brief overview of online business services
|Date:||Saturday, March 2, 2019|
|Where:||Quality Hotel, 36035 N Parallel Road, Abbotsford, BC|
|Time:||Registration and Breakfast: 8:15 am to 9:00 am | Seminar 9:00 am – 11:30 am|
|Cost:||$55 + GST|
|To Register:||Click here|