We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
- This event has passed.
Chapter PD: Personal Planning (Legal) and Supply Chain
October 19 @ 8:00 am - 12:15 pm
Session 1: Personal Planning (Legal)/Inter-vivos
As a corporate lawyer in Vancouver, Annie Chen will share her expertise in wealth management, estate planning and personal tax planning. With family structures and dynamics becoming more complex and with an aging population, planning for the future has become more challenging yet also more critical than ever before. This workshop will focus on personal estate planning and give an overview of the area from a legal perspective explaining what you will need to know to provide your clients with practical advice and guide them in setting up an effective succession plan in today’s environment. Discussion topics will include the following items listed below and incorporate real examples, practical tips and discussions of some planning pitfalls/traps:
- Summary of the benefits of planning.
- Overview of options for and the importance of incapacity planning.
- Overview of Will planning.
- Explanation of the probate process and when it is needed and what it entails.
- Discussion of the use of testamentary trusts including life insurance declarations.
- Overview of inter-vivos trusts including the increasingly popular Alter Ego and Joint Partner Trusts.
- Planning for complex families.
- Asset protection planning for beneficiaries.
- Pitfalls of joint tenancy planning.
- Overview of family law and the use of cohabitation/marriage agreement.
- Multi-jurisdictional planning.
- Advice for clients.
Session 2: Supply Chains – A review of key processes for business success
Supply Chains have now become the new driving force in a company’s success. Whether it is via best practices in procurement or strong inventory management, supply chains are now in the C suite board room. This workshop will review the state of the nation of best practises and give the audience key takeaways in improving their own businesses.
Outline of the Workshop:
- Introduction of the basic elements of a modern supply chain
- SCM Process flow review – Plan, Source, Make, Deliver, Return.
- Review of Inventory Planning Methods: MRP, Lean, EOQ, DDMRP
- Forecasting and the Planning Process – (Budgeting) – Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Strategic Sourcing Review
- Logistics Overview
- Technology and ERP – Necessary Evil
- Case Study review – A few SCM failures
- Team Q+A – mini case small group exercises
- Resources and Professional organizations. Certifications to supercharge your teams.
|Date:||Saturday, October 19 , 2019|
|Time:||Registration and Breakfast: 7:00 am – 8:00 am | Session 1: 8:00 am to 10:00 am | Session 2: 10:15 am to 12:15 pm|
|Location:||Executive Hotel and Conference Centre, 4201 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, BC
This event is near the Gilmore Skytrain/Brentwood Mall Location
|Who:||CPABC Members and Students|
|Early Bird Cost||$85.00 + GST (deadline for early bird is October 12, 2019)|
|Cost:||$100.00 + GST (after October 12, 2019)|
|Registration:||Click here to register|
About the Speakers
Annie Chen is a wills, estates, trusts and corporate lawyer in Vancouver advising clients on wealth management, estate planning and personal and corporate tax planning. As a trusted advisor to personal and corporate clients, Annie focuses on providing creative, practical and cost-effective planning structures to meet clients’ planning/succession needs and objectives while minimizing risks and taxes.
Roberta McPhail is currently an independent consultant and trainer specializing in Supply Chain and Project Management\ERP. Roberta is certified CPIM, CIRM, DDPP, DDLP,, CLTD and PMP. In her 30 plus year career, she has extensive cross functional experience in all levels of Supply chain with a focus on continuous improvement. Roberta brings to the table expert knowledge in the areas of: Project Scheduling, Master scheduling, repetitive/lean scheduling, forecasting, demand mgt, international procurement, distribution planning and MRP\ERP systems. Roberta has held senior level positions responsible for the planning, execution and distribution processes for multi-site multinational manufacturing companies.