We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events. Attendance at Chapter events are open to all members, candidates and students enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program or Pre-requisite Program, as well as legacy AAT and ACIA members. Guests are also welcome at some events.
- This event has passed.
Chapter PD: Learning to Lead with the Brain in Mind
June 8, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 12:15 pm
Learning to Lead with the Brain in Mind
The brain has everything to do with who we are and what we do, and leadership is all about influencing who we are and what we do.
Ninety percent of what we know about the brain has been learned in the last 2 years.
- How can you use the growing body of research on the brain to become a more effective leader?
- Why does the brain resist change that prevents new ideas from being accepted?
- How do thinking habits influence our actions, especially with problem solving and conflict resolution?
Come and hear what Terry Small, a leader in the field of translating brain research into practice, has to say about brain engagement and learning to lead with the brain in mind.
You will learn:
- The 5 things that Brain Science says that leaders MUST get right
- Leading from the Mind’s Eye
- Rewiring your brain for leadership
- Leading self and others at the edge
- The science of peak performance
- The science of not being boring
- Creating influence through an understanding of the brain
- The incredible importance of being a secure base and building trust
- What the amazing discovery of mirror neurons means for leaders and their teams
- The importance of bonding
- Understanding that the person in never the problem
- Learn to lead yourself and your team more effectively!
|Date:||Saturday, June 8 , 2019|
|Time:||Registration and Breakfast: 7:00 am – 8:00 am | Session 1: 8:00 am to 10:00 am | Session 2: 10:15 am to 12:15 pm|
|Location:||Executive Hotel and Conference Centre, 4201 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, BC – This event is near the Gilmore Skytrain/Brentwood Mall Location|
|Who:||CPABC Members and Students|
|Early Bird Registration:||$85.00 + GST (deadline for early bird is May 27, 2019)|
|Registration:||$95.00 + GST (after May 27 ,2019)|
|CPD | Level||4 Hours | General|
|To Register||Register Here|
Terry Small, B.Ed., M.A., is a master teacher and Canada’s leading learning skills specialist. He is the author of the Brain Bulletin with over 34,000 subscribers worldwide.
Terry has presented on the brain for over 33 years to organizations around the world. His knowledge, warmth, humour and dynamic presentation style have made him a much sought-after speaker at workshops and conferences. Terry often appears on TV, radio, and in the press.
He recently appeared on BCTV, Global, CKNW and Student Success. He has presented his ideas to over 261,000 people in 23 countries. His clients include IBM, TEDx, Ford, IMD, JTI, UBS, Hitachi, Bayer, Bosch, CRA, RCMP, Telus, and many schools and universities. His presentations are engaging, humorous, practical, and all based on the latest brain science.
Terry believes, “Anyone can learn how to learn easier, better, faster, and that learning to learn is the most important skill a person can acquire.”
Terry’s wealth of teaching experience and extensive involvement in applied neuroscience make him an outstanding resource of the business and educational communities. He resides in Vancouver, Canada, where he is a frequent lecturer at Simon Fraser University and the University of British Columbia.
Terry Small’s Philosophy is simple: “Success is a skill anyone can learn.”