May 24, 2017
CPABC Burnaby / New Westminster Chapter invites ALL CPA members and students in the Lower Mainland to attend the Chapter Career Planning Workshop. Join us as speaker Megan Simpson, Team Lead of Accounting and Finance at Hays, gives us the latest on interviewing tips and techniques. Learn the “Do’s and Don’ts” of interviewing to make sure you land your desired job!
|Date:||Wednesday, May 24, 2017|
|Time:||Registration: 6:00pm | Presentation and Q&A: 6:30pm-8:30pm|
|Location:||Edmonds Community Center, Room 202 (second floor),
7433 Edmonds Street, Burnaby, BC
|Who:||CPABC Members and Students|
|Cost:||$10.00 + GST|
|To Register||Register Here|
– Hays introduction
– Who’s hiring and current trends
– Resume analysis, tips and tricks
– What makes a top candidate
– Current opportunities
– Online profile
– Why social media profiling can improve your career from an employer’s perspective
– LinkedIn – do’s and don’ts
– Other social media sites
– Q&A session
Benefits of Attending:
– Opportunity to get secret ingredients on job hunting strategies
– Enhance your short-term and long-term career path and goals
– One-to-one interaction with speaker during workshop
– Make new connections with fellow CPA members
– Resume coaching and feedback (please bring a current resume and writing materials with you)
Megan Simpson has been recruiting with Hays Canada since 2013, with a focus on accounting and finance. She takes a consultative approach to understanding her clients’ needs and specializes in looking beyond the resume to find candidates with not only the skill sets required, but also the soft skills and proven ability to drive results.
Hays Canada recruits for more than 20 functions, from eight offices and makes 2500 permanent placements a year, as well as providing temporary and contract staff to ensure Canadian companies have the contingent workforce required to achieve business objectives.
Registration for this event:
Your $10 fee includes: Snacks, Presentation (1 verifiable CPD), Networking Opportunities and Door Prizes
Please note Chapter events are not eligible for the CPABC Passport. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please also kindly note that we do not accept payments in cash at the registration desk.